1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Printing Questions

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Sprank1, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Sprank1

Sprank1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm looking for a way to print from my iPad. I have found a few apps that allow printing and have spent a few hours going over the descriptions, reviews and information about them. I don't seem to be able to find one that will do everything I need.

What do I need ?
    I need to be able to access documents in several places (Google Docs, Dropbox, Email attachments, etc) and be able to print them.
    I need to be able to print to printers attached to a Windows PC.

I seem to be able to find apps that will do one or the other, but not both.

For example:
    Air Sharing HD seems to be capable of accessing most of the files I would need, but will only print to printers connected to Mac computers.
    GoodReader is an amazing program that is capable of accessing all the files I need, but doesn't include printing at all.
    PrintCentral looks like it will print to a Windows printer, but does not seem to be able to access things like Google Docs and Dropbox.

I am sure there are others out there. I'm really looking for any advice from anyone who has solved a similar problem.

2. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'd like to expand the question to:

- wireless Printers

or generally speaking

- network printers
  3. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Me too, wireless printers.
    HP makes an app for theirs. I hope Brother and Kodak develop apps for their printers because I've got one of each for my office. I absolutely hate the idea of piggybacking a print job through another computer. It means I have to go to the office and fire one up just for a printing job.
  4. Lifet1me

Lifet1me iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got exact the same Problem.

Im in Europe, IPad comes out end of may here, so i got no real chance to test it out, but i think the IPad will work similar like the IPhone does.

Cortado is the best App to Print/to access Wireless Printers ive found.

I Share is the best Programm to move files from IPad to IPhone or IPod over Bluetooth ive found.

BUT, i need the bridge to move Files from I Share to Cortado, and there is the Problem.

Again its to bad that i cant test things out.

My Vision is to relax in a Bar/Restaurant/Café, have the IPad (WiFi only), write something, then send the document to the IPhone and from it to the Internet.

Its to bad that the OS if the IPad/IPhone makes not possible to acces Files with any App, hope theres a way to solve this, im not sure but i think many people will soon shout for it, since the IPad is more a Comp that the IPhone will ever be. And people want to make more things with a even more computer than with an IPhone.