Printing Questions

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Sprank1, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Sprank1

Sprank1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm looking for a way to print from my iPad. I have found a few apps that allow printing and have spent a few hours going over the descriptions, reviews and information about them. I don't seem to be able to find one that will do everything I need.

What do I need ?
    I need to be able to access documents in several places (Google Docs, Dropbox, Email attachments, etc) and be able to print them.
    I need to be able to print to printers attached to a Windows PC.

I seem to be able to find apps that will do one or the other, but not both.

For example:
    Air Sharing HD seems to be capable of accessing most of the files I would need, but will only print to printers connected to Mac computers.
    GoodReader is an amazing program that is capable of accessing all the files I need, but doesn't include printing at all.
    PrintCentral looks like it will print to a Windows printer, but does not seem to be able to access things like Google Docs and Dropbox.

I am sure there are others out there. I'm really looking for any advice from anyone who has solved a similar problem.

2. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'd like to expand the question to:

- wireless Printers

or generally speaking

- network printers
  3. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Me too, wireless printers.
    HP makes an app for theirs. I hope Brother and Kodak develop apps for their printers because I've got one of each for my office. I absolutely hate the idea of piggybacking a print job through another computer. It means I have to go to the office and fire one up just for a printing job.
  4. Lifet1me

Lifet1me iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got exact the same Problem.

Im in Europe, IPad comes out end of may here, so i got no real chance to test it out, but i think the IPad will work similar like the IPhone does.

Cortado is the best App to Print/to access Wireless Printers ive found.

I Share is the best Programm to move files from IPad to IPhone or IPod over Bluetooth ive found.

BUT, i need the bridge to move Files from I Share to Cortado, and there is the Problem.

Again its to bad that i cant test things out.

My Vision is to relax in a Bar/Restaurant/Café, have the IPad (WiFi only), write something, then send the document to the IPhone and from it to the Internet.

Its to bad that the OS if the IPad/IPhone makes not possible to acces Files with any App, hope theres a way to solve this, im not sure but i think many people will soon shout for it, since the IPad is more a Comp that the IPhone will ever be. And people want to make more things with a even more computer than with an IPhone.