Printer for iPad2

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by timtruro, Oct 13, 2011.

1. timtruro

timtruro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Any input on the best wireless printer for the ipad2? Price would be an issue, would like to keep it under $100.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    Welcome to the forum - :) There is already plenty of information on this topic, so a little searching may have provided some options?

But do you already own a printer wired to your computer and a Wi-Fi network? If so, there are some third party software options that can emulate Apple's Air Print technology; just a few popular ones recommended on the forum include Print n Share Check HERE and the one I use w/ my Canon Pixma printer, i.e. FingerPrint, Check HERE - hope this may help; both cost a little but not as much as a new printer; please post back if these suggestions are not what you want - good luck!
  3. timtruro

timtruro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I do not have a printer, just want something that will work directly and seamlessly with the iPad
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    Well, there are certainly plenty of options depending on your needs & price range - if you want a printer that will work directly from the iPad, then investigate those that offer Apple's Air Print technology (you'll need to be on the same Wi-Fi network & HP is the main company now supporting this option but others may now be available - not sure); OTOH, those options I mentioned previously will likely work w/ printers not Air Print compatible - good luck in your choice! :)
  5. dawz2

dawz2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    To reinforce your suggestion, I have a non-AirPrint HP AIO that works great with FingerPrint. Thank you for the suggestion!
  6. timtruro

timtruro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, I purchased an HP D110a. Had some issues at first until I registered it, this incurred on my home wi fi. On a second wi fi system it worked immediately but I had to establish another email address for the printer in order to use eprint. I also bought Print Central and that app is very helpful The printer was only $55 at Staples, well within what I wanted to pay. Thanks to those who responded for your input.
  7. christinethoma

christinethoma iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i heard that HP printers work very well with AirPrint.
  8. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    For those interested, Apple maintains a list of AirPrint compatible printers - CHECK HERE - I believe that HP was the first company to add this feature to their printers, but now a large number of Canon & Epson models have been added.

Now this morning (Monday), I decided to try the iOS 5 upgrade - went smoothly and done in less than an hour - gave FingerPrint a try using Numbers, Pages, & a recipe program (Paprika) - all printed fine to my Canon Pixma printer - good! :)