1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Printer for iPad2

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by timtruro, Oct 13, 2011.

1. timtruro

timtruro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Any input on the best wireless printer for the ipad2? Price would be an issue, would like to keep it under $100.
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    Welcome to the forum - :) There is already plenty of information on this topic, so a little searching may have provided some options?

But do you already own a printer wired to your computer and a Wi-Fi network? If so, there are some third party software options that can emulate Apple's Air Print technology; just a few popular ones recommended on the forum include Print n Share Check HERE and the one I use w/ my Canon Pixma printer, i.e. FingerPrint, Check HERE - hope this may help; both cost a little but not as much as a new printer; please post back if these suggestions are not what you want - good luck!
  3. timtruro

timtruro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I do not have a printer, just want something that will work directly and seamlessly with the iPad
  4. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    Well, there are certainly plenty of options depending on your needs & price range - if you want a printer that will work directly from the iPad, then investigate those that offer Apple's Air Print technology (you'll need to be on the same Wi-Fi network & HP is the main company now supporting this option but others may now be available - not sure); OTOH, those options I mentioned previously will likely work w/ printers not Air Print compatible - good luck in your choice! :)
  5. dawz2

dawz2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    To reinforce your suggestion, I have a non-AirPrint HP AIO that works great with FingerPrint. Thank you for the suggestion!
  6. timtruro

timtruro iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, I purchased an HP D110a. Had some issues at first until I registered it, this incurred on my home wi fi. On a second wi fi system it worked immediately but I had to establish another email address for the printer in order to use eprint. I also bought Print Central and that app is very helpful The printer was only $55 at Staples, well within what I wanted to pay. Thanks to those who responded for your input.
  7. christinethoma

christinethoma iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i heard that HP printers work very well with AirPrint.
  8. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +812 / 0
    For those interested, Apple maintains a list of AirPrint compatible printers - CHECK HERE - I believe that HP was the first company to add this feature to their printers, but now a large number of Canon & Epson models have been added.

Now this morning (Monday), I decided to try the iOS 5 upgrade - went smoothly and done in less than an hour - gave FingerPrint a try using Numbers, Pages, & a recipe program (Paprika) - all printed fine to my Canon Pixma printer - good! :)