What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

airprint stopped working

Triples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad; stopped working with Airprint.

Hardware;
New Ipad2, latest firmware (4/23/11), Router;
Airport Extreme, latest firmware
Printer; HP Photosmart Plus e B210 which was bought specifically for ipad connectivity.

Setup;
Airport extreme router setup, no problem- connects to all computers and Ipad2 also. Internet connectivity is no problem with any device.

Printer setup; went thru setup on printer first, updated firmware, works very well with all computers, both wired and wireless. It also worked with Ipad2. The printer was also plugged into the USB of a Windows7 computer to enable the scan function. When finished, everything worked perfectly.

Next day; All computers continue to work wireless with printer. When request Airprint document from Ipad2; the printer shows up on the 'printer selection', however when issue a print command, nothing happens and a message eventually comes back “printer offlineâ€. The Ipad2 no longer prints to the printer, but has full connectivity with the router/internet.

Solutions tried;
Ipad2, printer, router all have the very latest firmware. Printer was reset, was even unplugged to rest- no help. Ipad was shut down and rebooted- no help. I have checked all settings I could find but there is something that is blocking the print from the Ipad2. Firewall in Airport extreme?

Note; to restate, the printer DOES show up on the Ipad2 as an available printer but when command is issued, the error “printer offline†comes back. Also, it did work when first set up.

Help?

JonProudfoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same issue - I use a Canon Pixma MG8250. When first set up AirPrint worked - now iPad and iPhone both see the printer but after a delay I get the printer offline message.

jpleshette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Triples said:
Ipad; stopped working with Airprint.

Hardware;
New Ipad2, latest firmware (4/23/11), Router;
Airport Extreme, latest firmware
Printer; HP Photosmart Plus e B210 which was bought specifically for ipad connectivity.

Setup;
Airport extreme router setup, no problem- connects to all computers and Ipad2 also. Internet connectivity is no problem with any device.

Printer setup; went thru setup on printer first, updated firmware, works very well with all computers, both wired and wireless. It also worked with Ipad2. The printer was also plugged into the USB of a Windows7 computer to enable the scan function. When finished, everything worked perfectly.

Next day; All computers continue to work wireless with printer. When request Airprint document from Ipad2; the printer shows up on the 'printer selection', however when issue a print command, nothing happens and a message eventually comes back “printer offline”. The Ipad2 no longer prints to the printer, but has full connectivity with the router/internet.

Solutions tried;
Ipad2, printer, router all have the very latest firmware. Printer was reset, was even unplugged to rest- no help. Ipad was shut down and rebooted- no help. I have checked all settings I could find but there is something that is blocking the print from the Ipad2. Firewall in Airport extreme?

Note; to restate, the printer DOES show up on the Ipad2 as an available printer but when command is issued, the error “printer offline” comes back. Also, it did work when first set up.

Help?

Strange isn't it. I had exactly the same problem. AirPrint used to work, then it just stopped. Seems many others are experiencing the same issue. I downloaded the HP sprint app. Printed one document using that - worked fine. Then I tried AirPrint again - that started working again. What's going on?

Most reactions