What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print out photo from i pad

jauher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi every one I just want to know that can I printout photos direct from my I pad using USB cord from Walmart photo machine .
Or I have to save photo first on USB and then print out .

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad only supports wireless printing, either directly to the AirPrint enabled printer, or through a computer software, or an app from App Store. Connecting a printer to it with an USB cable won't work.

Afaik a USB stick has to be formatted in a certain way to be recognized by your device. I don't know if it's possible to transfer photos to it from your iPad.

There are several other options you have:

You could save your photos to online storage such as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, Sugar Sync, Box, ..., set those up on your computer as well and print from your computer.
You have the possibility to connect your iPad wirelessly to something like the Apotop Wi-Reader, and use the app that belongs to it to transfer your pictures to an USB stick.
If you only need to print a few photos, you can send them to yourself via email, open the email on your computer and print from there.

There certainly are other options as well that I'm not aware of.

Last edited:

kwekwe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPrint to my Epson Workforce 840 looked atrocious for some reason. Didn't try documents tho, just photo.

Most reactions

Latest posts