What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powerpoint app

starlathornhill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Let me start off by saying I'm new here so if I put this in the wrong board let me know and I will gladly move it!!
I'm looking for a basic FREE app that will let me view powerpoints on my iPad. The free part is very important because I invested in my iPad before I received my financial aid and then ended up having to pay for the entire semester out of pocket so funds are extremely tight. I'd be willing to pay less than $3 but that really is all I can afford x.x
I want it to have basic functions:
Tap to change slides
The ability to choose what slide I want the presentation to open to
**Exit the PowerPoint in the middle of the presentation**
That third one is the one that I have been unable to find. Several of my classes use powerpoints and we almost never finish class exactly on the next slide, it takes way too long to sit there and tap through every slide when my class ends so that I can load up the next PowerPoint when I get to my next class. (half of my walking around campus is uphill-I'm at Texas State- so it takes ~15 min to walk anywhere)
So far I have tried Smart Office 2 and Slideshark but they do not offer all of the features I'm looking for. I would love to try keynote but I just can't afford to drop that much on an app right now!!
Thanks in advance,
Starla

chandru89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think CloudOn will meet your requirements. It's available here -> itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloudon/id474025452?mt=8

Back at work, we've been focusing on all these educational apps for the iPad (istuffs4u.com/category/ipad/ipad-for-education/) and I ran into CloudOn from another thread on this forum. It took me sometime to actually get used to the fact that there is a FREE app for powerpoint, word and spreadsheet but then, all 'free' things come with some limitation. I haven't tried the app completely - esp the powerpoint thing - but so far, it's a really good app. One good thing about CloudOn is that it syncs with Drive (Google), or Dropbox and even Box.net.

Most reactions

Latest posts