What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'posted from mobile X minutes ago.... How?

Shylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok....Here's a question for folks. First off just got my ipad like 3 days ago. I like everyone, else go on facebook, and when I used to post, from a mobile device, it used to say "posted from mobile" had a little phone next to it, was cute/etc....and you know I sorta liked that.....now I'm using safari, and it doesn;t I used the ipad app and it doesn't...I want it too though.....darnit I paid multiple hundreds of bucks for this, and I want people to know I'm using it.....plus I want to learn the ins and out of such things...
I also have a samsun galaxy tab, and I have to say, I like it a lot....I could load so much onto that thing, and the ipad just seems to want to not let me (Part of the reason I'm part of this forum to learn such ways.) and I could change the UA np....is that what I need to do with the ipad? if so, hows the best way to go about it?

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kekeke, so the reason you bought an iPad is so that everyone know you're using it rather than its function???
Sorry for my judgmental comment above, back to the topic.
I didn't use facebook much now, so I can't say for sure. I did test post a new status once using facebook application on my iPad2 before, and I'm pretty sure it says posted via iPad.
I did recheck again just now to see the status using safari on my macbook, but now the status just said post via mobile. Twitter still works though (said it posted via twitter for iPad).
I can't check again now to make sure since I left both my iPads at home today.

P.S : I think you need to post using the applications (twitter for iPad, facebook for iPad, etc)-not safari/browser; to got that kind of message.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"darnit I paid multiple hundreds of bucks for this, and I want people to know I'm using it"

Really? Why? Frankly, I don't think anyone cares what you're using, friend. Flauting that you own apple products usually gets you snickered at.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"darnit I paid multiple hundreds of bucks for this, and I want people to know I'm using it"

Lol. You could use that as your sig from any device.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, many people just don't want to admit that they want to do this. Look into the facebook app and see if you can find a setup for signature. i know that you can do this on your email messages that you send from your ipad. Also look in settings/facebook.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score

LOL

Don't feel too bad, many people just don't want to admit that they want to do this. Look into the facebook app and see if you can find a setup for signature. i know that you can do this on your email messages that you send from your ipad. Also look in settings/facebook.

I think it's kinda different with signature seadog :)
To got that kind of message is because the setting on the server rather than device. S
Example if Facebook detect that status/photo/etc are posted via mobile and they have the settings for it, it will be posted automatically with "posted via Facebook for Blackberry/iPad/whatever". The same goes with twitter.
There are no setting required on the devices, you only need to post it via application that are made specifically for facebook/twitter/etc, not via browser (it will said "via mobile" if posted using browser).

OP
S

Shylock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, I was looking into it, and it seems the above is right, it is really controlled by facebook, but they control it by a number of methods to 'detect' what the device is, being a mobile or not. user agent, using the m.facebook service which is a mobile service, using a mobile app/etc. which can be changed in many circumstances.

britpoper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, I was looking into it, and it seems the above is right, it is really controlled by facebook, but they control it by a number of methods to 'detect' what the device is, being a mobile or not. user agent, using the m.facebook service which is a mobile service, using a mobile app/etc. which can be changed in many circumstances.

Hi, I just tested post a new status using facebook app on iPad just now and it says "posted via mobile".
So maybe you can try different apps just like HappyPelican posted.

Most reactions

Latest posts