1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

About two weeks ago my laptop crashed

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by dupont2005, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dupont2005

dupont2005 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hard drive malfunction. I thought I had everything I really wanted backed up, family photos and iTunes, but I was wrong I guess. Lost some really cool Greasemonkey and Firefox add ons that I can't find anymore and every time I browse the web with the laptop I'm reminded of it.

So I pretty much only use the iPad now. The only time I have trouble is viewing videos on certain forums and when taking online surveys. So those are the only times I have fired up the laptop lately, and for the most part I'll decide not to watch the video or take the survey instead. I didnt buy this thing as a replacement for the PC but the more I use it the more I find that's what it's become.:)
  2. deckyon

deckyon iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry about the laptop. I have a monthly process of backing everything up and use Microsoft's SyncToy to great effect with this. I got bit once too, not having backups. It really can be a pain in the arse.

And yes, 99% of my browsing and email is now done from the iPad. I leave my laptop to video/photo processing and gaming.
  3. Lavenderlady*w*iPad

Lavenderlady*w*iPad iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry about the computer! I've been there too, lost several manuals I had written. I have Carbonite for both my desk top and laptop now. Write it off as a business expense. I too end up doing most my web browsing and email on my iPad now.... I play more games on it than I ever played on any computer too!