What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pop up driving me crazy!

kulekhatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to iOS 8 and subsequently ios 8.02. I keep getting this pop up. Unable to download try again. I have searched for answers and tried l the things I can. I also can not open my iPad forum app. Any suggestions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please tell us what pop-up you are getting? As in, what does it say and in what app are you when you get this pop-up?

Knowing a bit more specifics will help us in helping to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
K

kulekhatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens so many times and in many apps. I have attached a picture.
image.jpg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't see that pop-up in a while. TBH, I don't know why it occurs but I do know it's a result of trying to download an app (or an update of an app) from the AppStore.

I think there are many reasons for this: (1) the AppStore is overwhelmed with all the new iOS updates, (2) Apple's servers are overloaded, (3) your iPad needs to finish indexing the iOS (if you've just updated the iOS.

The only solution I've seen that works is time. Let the iPad finish indexing (an upgrade isn't quite done when iTunes says it is, the software has to finish sorting and such). Or, wait for the AppStore/Apple's servers to catch up to this huge download.

I can tell you that I saw this pop-up when I first installed iOS 8.0 on my iPad (when it was first released). After a day, I've not seen it. So, all I've got is the suggestion to give it a bit of time.

Marilyn

OP
K

kulekhatt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thanks! I updated several days ago. Then I updated to 8.02 yesterday, maybe it will go away...

Most reactions

Latest posts