What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please help me to fix my ipad2

luthfiefadhlil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mylovelypurple.blogspot.com
hey, i have an ipad2 on jailbreak, and i try upgrade version of my ios from 5.1.1 to 6.1.3 but my ipad broke and go to recovery mode, i try to restore with itune but it couldn't
Screenshot (10).png

im so panic and i used reds0w to restored it but
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (14).png

but it says RE-restore failed

pleeeaaaseee help meee!!!! and give me solution, im so panic now

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where you will receive a better response.

Good luck with your issue!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, it appears you are trying to do two different things. So, to break it down:

(1) If you are trying to upgrade the iPad to iOS 6.1.3, then get the software from this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

This way, you don't have to worry that iTunes can't get to the server as you'll have the firmware you need. You can do the shift/restore process to restore the iPad to iOS 6.1.3, which is the newest (and only) iOS you can upgrade to.

Do note, however, that iOS 6.1.3 is not jail breakable at this time. If you upgrade, you will lose your jail break.

Or,

(2) If you are trying to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 onto that iPad - do you have SHSH blobs for that iOS? Because the re-restore will not work if you don't have the blobs.

Marilyn

P.S. I moved your other post you started today on this same topic (over in another thread) to this thread. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well you have TinyUmbrella running (twice by the looks of it). You won't be able to restore your device properly whilst it is running. Go to the Advanced Tab in TU and make sure you have "Request SHSH from Cydia" UNTICKED. That is very important. Then you must QUIT TinyUmbrella.

Try the restore in iTunes again after that and you should be OK.

Most reactions

Latest posts