What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me restore my ipad 4 to current firmware 7.1.1

maxumoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 4 is using iOS 7.1.1, jailbroken. I restored it by SemiRestore and then i set the new password to lock it. But after that, i forgot my password and can not unlock my ipad. So how do i do to restore my ipad but also keep my current iOS 7.1.1??? Please help me. Thank you so much.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF!

It's not possible to restore to a different software version than 8.3.
This will show you what you have to do to get your iPad going again:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306
All of these options will restore your device to the current software, so you'll lose your jailbreak.

OP
M

maxumoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you very much for your help, but is there anything i can do to restore my ipad 4 to the current iOS version 7.1.1??? I do not want to upgrade it to the new version 8.3 because people told that it would be very slow :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, that's not possible.
iOS 8.3 isn't slow for everyone. Just give it a try, maybe you'll be surprised by the features you'll get when you update.
As you're still on 7.1.1, use one of the options with iTunes to erase your iPad. After updating, reset your device: press and hold both Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.

OP
M

maxumoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. Thank you very much. And how do i do to give you a thank???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

If you want to rate someone else's post, select one of the items at the bottom of the post. Most of them are positive, some of them are neutral.
image.jpg

Thumbs up is the one you choose if you want to give a thank.

Most reactions

Latest posts