What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play ZX Spectrum Games on Your iPad!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
]​

Elite Systems has today released ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection HD for the iPad, which is every retro gaming fan’s dream, a collection of hit games for the ‘80s home computer. The app kicks off with 12 games, including the following:

• Turbo Esprit
  • Saboteur
  • Chuckie Egg
  • Harrier Attack
  • Frank Bruno’s Boxing
  • Buggy Boy

Here’s what Elite MD Steve Wilcox had to say about the app:

“The media and consumer reaction to the announcement, in late September, of Apple’s approval of ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection (for iPhone / iPod Touch) has been extensive and enthusiastic. The six games included in the inaugural volume have each generated a revenue significantly in excess of £1K+ (US$1.5K+).

We’ve taken the first steps toward our goal of restoring some order to the market for ZX Spectrum games. Some developers have a catalogue of in excess of 100 ZX Spectrum games; a not insignificant asset. The launch of the HD App for iPad is our next step in enabling developers and players to benefit. Our concerns continue to be to ensure that both groups understand that Vol. #1 & #2 of the HD App is a work-in-progress and that we’re committed to developing the App over the weeks and months ahead.â€

The app will initially be priced at £2.99/€3.99/$4.99, with a free update on the way within a month, including an in-app shop and at least four more volumes containing six ZX Spectrum games each, which will be priced at £1.19/€1.59/$1.99 per volume.

Retro fans can download the app here.

Source: Elite Systems Group Ltd

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a Spectrum ZX+ in 1984 (showing my age),and great fun it was too.I believe I still have it "stored" in the house somewhere.Lokking forward to this.Chuckie Egg was very addictive.

tomuk_82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nezing said:
Had a Spectrum ZX+ in 1984 (showing my age),and great fun it was too.I believe I still have it "stored" in the house somewhere.Lokking forward to this.Chuckie Egg was very addictive.

I still have my ZX +2 in my games room, I'd plug it in and have a go but don't fancy waiting 10 minutes waiting for a game to load :)

I think Chuckie Egg is a free game with the App, would be interesting to see how it translates to the iPad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts