What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PKGBackup froze up...

bimfi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I installed PKGBackup to back up my iPad 2. After somewhat figuring it out, I began my second attempt to back it up to Dropbox. After it began doing it's thing, it now just sits there with the upload status bar about 3/4 done trying to backup phone data. Underneath the status bar it shows "Phone: Uploading data 1 x 10Mb [1/1]..." but no progress for the last 10 minutes. It did the same thing last night until I forced it closed after about 20 minutes. What I don't understand is why it is trying to backup phone when this is an iPad, not an iPhone. Even in the settings, the phone is greyed out. It also gave me an error earlier, when I had it plugged into a power source, that it was restricted due to no power source plugged in. Any suggestions? Just a minute...I don't know what just happened..., but all of a sudden it began resuming the backup (after about fifteen or so minutes sitting idle). I still don't know why it did this, but as long as it is working, I will let it go. Again, any ideas what just happened?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do have have the applications selected to backup? Because, depending on how many apps you have - it could take a l-o-n-g time to back up all those apps over the air to Dropbox. I removed the option to back up my apps - I had to leave it overbite for it to finish. Never again...

Even if you don't have apps selected for backup, if you have a lot of tweaks and other things selected for backup, it still could take a while to finish moving stuff up to Dropbox.

Bottom line: Sometimes, it just takes time to get stuff done over the Internet. It all depends on your connection speed and traffic.

Marilyn

OP
B

bimfi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was probably the reason. Anyway, I realized that backing up to dropbox was not a great idea, considering that I only had the free 2 GB storage. I went back into dropbox and removed all of my pictures that I thought I could save to the "cloud". I also signed up for SugarSync, which offered 5 GB storage. Thanks for the explanation, Marilyn.

Paul B.

Most reactions

Latest posts