1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Pictures of Supposed iPad 2 Screen Surfaces

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    [​IMG]

MacRumors reports that photos have surfaced on iFixYouri and 9to5Mac of what they are claiming is the iPad 2 screen. One thing that we can glean from the pictures is that the overall quality of the iPad 2 screen’s build is superior to that of the current iPad, and also that it is more than a mm thinner, which would seem to back up recent analysts' reports claiming that the iPad 2’s screen would be 30-35 percent thinner, and also that it would be treated with anti-reflective coating to improve visibility and cut down on glare when using the iPad outdoors. If this is indeed the real iPad 2 screen, then someone at 9to5 Mac has actually solved the mystery of whether or not the iPad 2 will have a Retina display once and for all, as they have managed to figure out the iPad 2 screen’s model number, LP097X02-SLN1, which they say stands for a 9.7-inch H-IPS display, made by LG, and having the same 1024 x 768 resolution as the current iPad.

Source: iPad 2 Screen Parts Circulating - Mac Rumors
  2. solarrdadd

solarrdadd iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my fingers crossed that this is true! I am waiting to buy the iPad 2 rather than run out and buy the current model. I am hoping that the
    iPad 2 is released this year cause I don't want to have to wait for a whole year to buy one. If it's not gonna be released I will just buy the current model; but of course I'm holding out for the release of 2!