What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Touch

SamArmstrong99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many apologies if this has been discussed on here before (I did search to see but came up with nothing) but am I missing something? I have Adobe's Photoshop Touch on my IPad 3 and can do the basics but am at a complete loss as to what a lot of the functions are for e.g. What is anti-alias?

There is next to no help within the app itself and I cannot find any books, manuals, online courses or training centres to teach me any more. Surely there must be something Photoshop Touch dedicated out there to help?

I would just like to learn how to use it to it's full potential ..... anyone out there got any advice or can point me towards some help?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum. Adobe's website has a section dedicated to filters....

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?l=-1&exc=16&event=producthome&s=5&cat=194

Afaik, the anti alias filter smooths out images, particularly text.

Again, afaik Photoshop uses standard filters throughout is range of photo editing software. The filter names are kept the same in each app. I'm sure you are aware of this, but there are different versions of Photoshop out there with increasing numbers of features removed to fit versions aimed at different needs and budgets.

Sorry if I cannot be any more helpful. I'm sure others with a more in depth knowledge of processing digital photographs will help further.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
OP
SamArmstrong99

SamArmstrong99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Richard and I will have a look at the link.

The anti-alias question was just indicative of the amount of stuff I sadly know very little about. I'm sure had I been brought up with the various Photoshop CS incarnations I would have been far better off but, being new, most of it (embarrassingly) remains a mystery to me.

With the number of IPad users and all those who have purchased the app I am just astounded how little support there seems to be out there .... unless, like I said, I am missing something!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Sam,

Unfortunately some of the app developers write woefully inadequate help pages, it at all. It can be very frustrating.

FYI, do take a look at this thread http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/109390-imaging-discussions.html
It doesn't exactly cover what you are asking, but you will at least see the range of photography and image manipulation subjects that are covered.

I have another idea about seeing how different filters work. There are some nice free photo processing apps which it would be worth looking at. Some of them include preset filters for colour and focussing effects alongside the crop, rotate, brightness and contrast adjusters. This should enhance your experience with Photoshop.

One thing I forgot to do was to include some useful links to sections of the forum. These follow and should help you enjoy your membership here a little further.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html/] iPad tips and tricks
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html/]iPad ios5 tips and tricks
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/61009-easy-pictorial-shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html/]pictorial shortcuts and helpful places

Enjoy!

Richard Brown
A member of the iPF moderators' team.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As Richard said, a lot of companies do poorly in creating manuals for users. This app is no different - there is nothing "official" from Adobe.

However, I did find some stuff that may help you learn how to use the app (or at least give you a start). Try these?

The main Adobe page for Photoshop Touch help:
Adobe Community: Forum: Adobe Photoshop Touch for tablet

Bunch of videos on using Photoshop Touch:
Learn Photoshop Touch | Adobe TV

A number of documents on using Photoshop Touch:
Adobe Community: 14 Key Photoshop Touch Tutorials

A very basic manual on Photoshop Touch (user made):
http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/2452-102-4-3046/PSTouchQuickStart v1.3.pdf

Maybe something here will help? Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
SamArmstrong99

SamArmstrong99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time and effort to help.

As you can see I am fairly new to the Forum but recognise that, invariably, someone else has had the same problems and frustrations and therefore what better place to come and see how others have addressed the issues.

I am looking through the recommended links and already have added one or two new skills to my repertoire so a huge thanks to your help.

I hope to become not only a frequent visitor but also a regular contributor too if I have had success addressing something as, by sharing that experience, 'a problem shared is a problem halved!'

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before I retired, I was a professional Photoshop user, since version 1.0. When I got my iPad, I looked at the various alternatives from Adobe and concluded that adobe just doesn't get the iPad. Their editing paradigm makes no sense without a mouse. Then I discovered Snapseed, and it's all I need for quick corrections to photos I snap with my iPad. It will not take the place of Photoshop on my iMac, but on the rare occasions I really need that much power, I'll move the image to the iMac and do it there. Snapseed is free at the App Store.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Most reactions

Latest posts