What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

leosevn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I attach a photo to a reply to an email? Thanks Ross

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I attach a photo to a reply to an email? Thanks Ross

Hi there,

Touch and hold somewhere in the body of the email and you will get an option to insert a picture at that point, you can repeat the process if you want to add more than one photo.

The Archangel

OP
L

leosevn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Touch and hold somewhere in the body of the email and you will get an option to insert a picture at that point, you can repeat the process if you want to add more than one photo.

The Archangel

I notice that if I am sending a picture from an email address that is set up on my Ipad, I can do what you suggested. But if I try to send from an email address that is not set up on the iPad, I can't. All I get is the 'paste' option.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I notice that if I am sending a picture from an email address that is set up on my Ipad, I can do what you suggested. But if I try to send from an email address that is not set up on the iPad, I can't. All I get is the 'paste' option.

Hi Ross - I'm not sure what you mean by 'not set up on the iPad', i.e. an address in your contacts and/or one not yet added to your message? But I'm also assuming that you are using the native Mail app of the device - correct? If so, I just attached several pics using Gabriel's suggestion to an email w/ the name entered from my contacts and another in which no name had yet been added - worked fine both ways. Of course, you can always go into the Photo app and open an image; then using the 'outgoing arrow' icon (right upper corner) chose to send the image via email.

But if either or both of these processes are not working for you, I would first 'Force Close' the Mail app (make sure Mail is not open on the iPad) - if not effective, then sequentially do a 'Restart' and a 'Reset' - check after each maneuver; directions below if not familiar w/ these steps - good luck! Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts