What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photogene

Kjweede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband and I are leaving on a long trip and he wants to be able to put descriptions of our locations underneath pictures each night. We cannot find a way to do this other than with a cartoon-like bubble caption.

We have Photogene and Web Albums downloaded. He uses Picasa online with his laptop, which we don't want to take on our trip.

We have Location Services turned on and Photogene.

Thanks,

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the app PhotoStamper, which does just what you're looking for...let's you put a caption, location, even GPS coordinates for the picture at the bottom of each picture. It is free in the App store right now.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
It sounds more like they want to use something that edits the EXIF descriptions and such. Personally, any app that puts text on the actual photo itself is useless until AFTER backups are made of the original photo.

Photogene will do what you want by the following:
1. open the photo
2. touch the "Metadata" icon in the upper Right corner of the top toolbar
3. Touch the "IPTC" button on the drop down
4. Edit the information you wish to edit.

The app Filterstorm will also allow editing of IPTC EXIF data as well.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kjweede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, we want the text which describes the picture to display underneath the photo itself.

OP
K

Kjweede

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We identify locations in vacation pictures using Picasa. The description displays on the screen for friend's to read in our shared albums but the text does not print on paper. This is what we would like to do using the iPad2 while we are traveling.

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kjweede said:
Yes, we've tried Web Albums which is a picasa app.

Web albums just had an update that will allow you to add a caption to your pictures as you up load them or after you up load them to Picasa. Also you can add comments.

james4133

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From photostamper, I have attached the original and the "edited" photo from a picture I took a few years ago in Washington. You can also customize the font size.

Attachments

• image-2505012287.png
    image-2505012287.png
    655.5 KB · Views: 287
  • image-3813662537.png
    image-3813662537.png
    567.7 KB · Views: 296

Most reactions

Latest posts