What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo import does not work???

lapazjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying the ipad camera coneection -- both the camera connection and card reader --- have tried many times and the ipad never recognizes any photos to import. I've taken the photos off my laptop to the card, and I've checked the card and jpeg photos are there. any suggestioins?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been trying the ipad camera coneection -- both the camera connection and card reader --- have tried many times and the ipad never recognizes any photos to import. I've taken the photos off my laptop to the card, and I've checked the card and jpeg photos are there. any suggestioins?

Hi Lapazjack - welcome to the forum! :)

You may have to clarify your problem - I also own the 'Camera Connection Kit (CCK)' and have successfully transferred many images from the SD card in my camera once attached to the CCK; keep in mind that images taken on a digital camera are placed in a special folder on your storage card called 'DCIM' and are also numbered in a special way.

If you have simply tried to copy images (e.g. in JPEG format) to your storage card (I'm assuming a SD) and then plugging the card into the CCK, the iPad will not recognize these files (just my experience); now I've been able to place images from my computer (in my case on a PC using Windows Explorer) onto the DCIM folder of the SD card and have renumbered them in sequence with those already present - my iPad was then able to import them.

Now, I'm not sure if this information will be of use but give the suggestions a try and if still a problem, please respond back to this post - good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts