1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Importing photos

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Robin1948, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Robin1948

Robin1948 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Periodically importing photos (portrait style) does not work, landscape shots do. Transfer by sd card and camera have this problem. Can anyone help?

Rob
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +811 / 0
    Hi Rob - welcome to the forum! :)

Now, let me make a few assumptions before responding: 1) Portrait vs. landscape - you mean how the camera is held, i.e. horizontal vs. vertical?; and 2) SD card - are you using the CCK (camera connection kit)? - SO, if these questions are true, then I'm at a loss to explain the problem - I've used the CCK on my iPad 2 for over 2 years - and import images from my cameras' SD cards irregardless of their orientation w/o difficulty. In fact, I just took an image of my den w/ my camera in a horizontal & vertical position and both imported into the iPad.

If not already done, I would suggest following the steps below - first 'force close' the Photo app, then if not successful, follow the next steps in order - good luck and let us know the results - if these steps do not help, then try another SD card in your camera and see if you can do a USB and/or SD card transfer to another computer. Dave