What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo editing software incorrectly reading RAW Nikon images

mrksbrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the camera kit to transfer images to my iPad 1 under RAW format under stock viewer the images view properly, however while attempting to edit thru Photoshop Express or any other 3rd party software it will only display a thumbnail view? Has anyone else run into this problem and what would the fix be?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are only a handful of photo editing apps that will handle RAW.

PiRAWnha is the most often recommended app.

If you have Adobe Lightroom on your computer, Photosmith is showing a lot of promise, though it is strictly a metadata and organizing tool.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Ipad Photo app natively only reads the jpeg embedded in your RAW file. There is at least one camera that has a very small low resolution image embedded so its recommended that a RAW + jpeg be shot for that one. For most cameras though the embedded jpeg is sufficient to use for viewing on the Ipad. Check your jpeg settings on your camera for the most neutral shooting and use that to tweak in one of the Ipad apps like Filter Storm or Photogene.

I haven't tried Photosmith yet but likely will add it since I'm a Lightroom user since beta. Its a bit pricey at $17.99 and I haven't decided if its worth it now or continue to just load my cards to Lightroom normally with a card reader (I load to the Ipad with the CC and just save my cards to load for RAW processing on main computer later) until or if they add more functionality.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts