What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo app security

donindacula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I use a photo app I'm asked to give the app permission to access my photos. So, does the app/company have rights to 'take' my photos and use them or to claim them since I used their app to edit or enhance my photo? Will I find my nice Hawaiian sunset photo on the web some where.

Thanks for any responses.
Donindacula

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I use a photo app I'm asked to give the app permission to access my photos. So, does the app/company have rights to 'take' my photos and use them or to claim them since I used their app to edit or enhance my photo? Will I find my nice Hawaiian sunset photo on the web some where.

Thanks for any responses.
Donindacula

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

Apps on the iPad cannot access other apps unless you allow it first. If you want to use another photo app you will need to do this so that your photos can then be imported to your new app. This does not mean that they have access to use your photos in any other way. So no need to worry about this at all.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was a new feature included with iOS 6, and is designed simply to give you more control. The previous versions of iOS simply allowed any app to access your photos, so the only real difference is that you are now aware of something that had always been happening.

Most reactions