What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal

popoffarch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Indeed, on the iPad, I'm in sheet mode and when I use change personal sheet, the different displays I've prepared with "new and keep" don't trigger any changes. My aim is to display a sheet with different rows or columns hidden. This operation works very well in my iMac with the custom displays. Incidentally, I notice that if I open the prepared file on IMAC and then open it on iPad, my IMAC custom views don't appear anywhere in the iPad tabs.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not expert at Excel, but I took a look. Many minutes later, I gave up trying to figure out what it was supposed to do (nothing seemed to change) and visited YouTube.

I don't know all the tweeks you can make, the but the example I found was using differently sorted views. The process was to start a new view, sort a column, then Choose Keep. From that point on I was able to switch between different sorted views of the same sheet.

Other sheet tweaks that did not seem to make a difference were hiding columns, Zooming in/out, and freezing panes. That's not to say they won't work. But doing them before I watched the video did not seem to matter.

No idea if this addresses your problem, but at least some of the view sheet feature seems to work. According the the video, it's meant so different people sharing a sheet can have different working views. I did not try that.

Here's the video I found.

OP
P

popoffarch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. In fact, the "custom views" function only exists in the excel computer version, and is absent from the iPad and iPhone versions of excel.
The possibility of using views with the shared file function only works for sorting columns, but not for displaying or hiding columns and rows.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 18.54.34.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 18.54.34.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 3

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good to know. I knew there were quite a few hight end features not available on the iPad versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Just not that what you were asking about was one of them.

I basically only use Microsoft's apps when I need to, to be compatible with others who do use them. I've never needed them for my own projects.

Most reactions

Latest posts