Pencil Skipping

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by Tuttle, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    My pencil has just started skipping, leaving a dashed line instead of a solid one. Does anyone know how to test whether or not it is, indeed, the pencil? I have tried several apps, but not thoroughly.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have more than one iPad Pro to test the Pencil on? If the same problem exists on more than one iPad Pro, there’s likely a problem with the Pencil. If the problem is only on the one iPad Pro, the problem is more likely to be with the iPad Pro. If you don’t own another iPad Pro, take both the Apple Pencil and your iPad Pro to an Apple Store Genius Bar for testing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Two quick suggestions.
    1) Soft reboot your iPad Pro by pressing and holding both the power button and the home button. Keep holding them until after the unit turns off and don't let go until the Apple appears.
    2) Change nibs on your Pencil. You should have got a replacement in the box when you purchased it

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I second checking the nib. If it's loose, it might do this. When I first got my Pencil the nib came loose a couple of times, causing erratic behavior.