What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF not showing pictures in iBooks

mloliver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uploaded a PDF version of a textbook to iBooks but none of the pictures are showing up. It comes up just fine on my laptop though. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this if possible? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My usual fix for this is to press top and home buttons simultaneously until it says close, slide it and then when shut, repeat until apple sign appears. This resets the iPad and it should be alright. It seems to correct most things. Hope this helps.

Welcome by the way

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My usual fix for this is to press top and home buttons simultaneously until it says close, slide it and then when shut, repeat until apple sign appears. This resets the iPad and it should be alright. It seems to correct most things. Hope this helps.

Welcome by the way

You don't need to press the Home button to get the Power Off Slider. The top/power button alone works fine. You only need them both if you are going to force a soft reset, in which case you ignore the power slider and wait until the Apple logo appears.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I uploaded a PDF version of a textbook to iBooks but none of the pictures are showing up. It comes up just fine on my laptop though. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this if possible? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Some PDF files just don't play nice on the iPad. There are quite a few minor variations on the format, especially types of compression, and not all of them are supported. Another user was on the forum a while back who had the same problem with a textbook PDF, and the compression used was the problem. Though in his case nothing at all would display.

What you can do is use Save As on whatever PDF reader you are using with the laptop and then syncing that file to the iPad instead. If you look at the properties of both the original and 'saved as' file, the new file will probably be bigger.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
oh, thanks TwerpPoet!

No problem. With all the various descriptions floating around on how to do each of these it's easy to get them mixed up. And since your method would actually work, I was just being picky. :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. With all the various descriptions floating around on how to do each of these it's easy to get them mixed up. And since your method would actually work, I was just being picky. :D

oh, you are a tease! By the way, have you seen Joy's ebook synch problem, can't remember the full name but i thought you were the person in the know when it comes to ebooks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

oh, you are a tease! By the way, have you seen Joy's ebook synch problem, can't remember the full name but i thought you were the person in the know when it comes to ebooks.

Missed it. I'll backtrack and see if I can find the thread. Not that I guarantee I'll have an answer.

And, I only tease the people I like. ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Missed it. I'll backtrack and see if I can find the thread. Not that I guarantee I'll have an answer.

And, I only tease the people I like. ;)

aww! You made me blush, TwerpPoet!

I try my hardest but I'm just not good enough yet! I still feel a noob when it gets to technical stuff so I leave that to the professionals. Besides you are my ebook mod so definitely a favourite in my book. I love my books! Wish I could get rid of all those books in my attic though! Hoarder me!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a bookworm myself. Before I moved into the travel trailer I had over 800 paperbacks. I ended up donating them to friends and a library. I miss them. Even so I've managed to collect more books than I have room for, again.

Fortunately I'm all about the stories (not the media), so changing over to ebooks is a no-brainer. I just wish more of my old favorites were available. Time will cure that, I'm sure. It did with almost all my music.

And I don't really know that much about iPads. It's just that 20+ years of tech support has given me a good idea of what questions to ask, both of others and myself. After all, the iPad is infinitely easier to troubleshoot than Windows (any version). Man, I hated troubleshooting Windows problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts