What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks removes PDF at sync.

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just synced my iPad, and all the pdf's I had in Ibooks has disappeared. they are in iTunes as PDF documents, and despite being checked to sync, do not appear in iBooks.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure you're looking here:

ibooks1.jpg

and not here:

ibooks2.jpg

OP
M

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha a , yea, I did in fact check the obvious, but also in the mean time I have fixed it. I had to remove them from the itunes library, and then discovered that for some reason, they were renamed to have two .PDF extensions, and it was this it seems to have been causing the issue as iTunes could not locate them.

Once renamed to remove the excess .PDF and re-added to the library, then ticked they then synced!

Others might be interested in this design feature of iBooks and iTunes

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Others might be interested in this design feature of iBooks and iTunes
Good attitude! Some people might call such things a flaw!

And I find that the quickest way to solve some sticky issue that I just can't figure out is to ask a question on an Internet forum and I am guaranteed to have solved it before anyone can post a reply!

Most reactions

Latest posts