What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Management

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having difficulties grasping the best way (for me) to manage my PDF's. I like the layout and feel of iBooks, and would like that to be where I go to read my PDF's. The immediate issue I have is the name the PDF is given in iBooks. It frequently is something that I'd like to change. I do not see any way to change the document's name in iBooks. I have GoodReader, and I can change the name with that, but when it moves into iBooks, it doesn't retain the new name.

I'm not sure if this can be done using Dropbox, changing it in iTunes, and syncing it back. Even if that would do it, that's too many steps

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I'm hoping to avoid using iTunes and my pc in this (imagine that). Most of the PDF's I use are downloads, email attachments and converted web pages that originated on my IPad, and I'd like to keep the work "in-house".

I've got the feeling that I'm not going to be able to easily accomplish this. GoodReader and Quickoffice retain the renamed document title, but they're not as pleasing to he eye and as cool looking as iBooks.

Nothing is perfect, is it?

obi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new to the whole ipad scene does anyone know if it is possible to view pdf's with the fancy page turning animations like ibooks have? I'm aware that you can read pdf docs in ibooks but as it stands you have to scroll/slide to the next page i am looking for a more "natural" book feel.

Any help to an ipad padawn noob would be much apreciated.

Cheers

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new to the whole ipad scene does anyone know if it is possible to view pdf's with the fancy page turning animations like ibooks have? I'm aware that you can read pdf docs in ibooks but as it stands you have to scroll/slide to the next page i am looking for a more "natural" book feel.

Any help to an ipad padawn noob would be much apreciated.

Cheers

Wow - you know I'd never noticed that difference before..:confused:

I hope you get some suggestions - yes, it would be nice to get the 'Books' page turning in iBooks, but for PDFs

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's come up before. I don't remember anyone having suggestions. But I subscribed to the thread just in case. It might be nice for some PDFs.

Since most PDF files can't have their font size changed, or reflow to extra pages, I don't know if they would be readable at the half size needed to place them side by side.

Most reactions

Latest posts