What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF creation and editing App?

silhyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out the easiest and/or best way to create PDF files from safari pages. I can not find anything in the app store that someone hasn't reviewed poorly with OS 5. So i'm asking the general populace if anyone has had any luck with anything out there that doesn't make you jump through hoops in order to get the job done.

P.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The best way that I know of to create PDF files from websites is to use a bookmarklette for the PDFmyURL site.

Check out this FAQ for instructions on how to add it, and many other, bookamarkletts.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html#post519309

Once the URL has been converted to a PDF and displayed in Safari, you can tap and hold on it to get the Open In.. option and save it to any compatible app.

If you want to further edit and adjust the page layout I recommend PDF Express. It can swap pages around and/or delete them. Though there may be more complete apps for PDF editing out there I am not aware of them.

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
The best way that I know of to create PDF files from websites is to use a bookmarklette for the PDFmyURL site.

Check out this FAQ for instructions on how to add it, and many other, bookamarkletts.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html#post519309

Once the URL has been converted to a PDF and displayed in Safari, you can tap and hold on it to get the Open In.. option and save it to any compatible app.

If you want to further edit and adjust the page layout I recommend PDF Express. It can swap pages around and/or delete them. Though there may be more complete apps for PDF editing out there I am not aware of them.

This is amazing tweet pot ...... You are a real pro....

By the way what is the best way to copy tables from safari web pages to a spreadsheet ? ...buy apple,s numbers ...cut and paste ... Or ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how to go about grabbing tables. Partly that is because tables can be displayed in so many ways, but mostly because I've never really tried. I did play around with cutting and pasting tables from/to this forum and Evernote. It worked, more or less; mostly less if you wanted real control of how it looked.

So let me ask two questions:

Do you have a specific site or sites that I can look at for examples?

Does the table need to be editable, or are you happy with just being able to include it in another document?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
LOL! Spellcheck strikes again!

But you are right — he's the most helpful and knowledgeable guy on this board.

Heh. didn't notice that. Like it though. Maybe I should change my name.

Lots of other knowledgable people on the board at least as knowledgable as me. Most of them have jobs, so they don't post as often. :eek:

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out the easiest and/or best way to create PDF files from safari pages. I can not find anything in the app store that someone hasn't reviewed poorly with OS 5. So i'm asking the general populace if anyone has had any luck with anything out there that doesn't make you jump through hoops in order to get the job done.

P.

Hi
I use SaveToPDF
It has it's own browser and has many other uses as well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi
I use SaveToPDF
It has it's own browser and has many other uses as well.

Thanks. I forgot about that app. I keep meaning to get it and look it over. Of course, this is a fairly long list, my 'meaning to' list, that is; and my budget constraints means it tends to stay long. (sigh) ;)

Edit: Went searching for "save to PDF" so I could add it to my wish list (as a reminder). Actual app name is Save2PDF, which is much easier to find on the App Store.

Last edited:

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Thanks. I forgot about that app. I keep meaning to get it and look it over. Of course, this is a fairly long list, my 'meaning to' list, that is; and my budget constraints means it tends to stay long. (sigh) ;)

Edit: Went searching for "save to PDF" so I could add it to my wish list (as a reminder). Actual app name is Save2PDF, which is much easier to find on the App Store.

Thanks TP spotted the error in the app name as I pushed send, I initially bought this to save webpages, but switched to Notebooks for that purpose instead, still use it on the odd occasion when a web page is correctly paginated for printing to PDF.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I missed your correction. Did not refresh the page between my post and edit.

Notebooks is another nice looking app. If I wasn't already invested and happy with Evernote, I'd be tempted.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. I missed your correction. Did not refresh the page between my post and edit.

Notebooks is another nice looking app. If I wasn't already invested and happy with Evernote, I'd be tempted.

My problem as well, you invest in a piece of software then another one pops up even better or improved.

Most reactions

Latest posts