What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pc not recognizing ipad 2

weal5300

iPF Noob
Reaction score
every time i connect ipad 2 to pc .pc and itunes not recognizing ipad 2
but ipad 2 when connected to pc become a charging mode.i don't what i have to do.i also connect ipad2 to another pc but still not recognizing.i thank it maybe usb cable but it charging and that mean it work.
please help

vgorena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, you must to review the time on your iPad, date, time... Also in the computer. Reset your iPad, and restart your computer. Maybe you must to do it another thing, in that case if you search in the internet about troubles with date and time you will find the rest of the steps.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Weal - welcome to the forum! :) You might need to clarify your problems more clearly, please - just a few questions to answer:

Are you using the same computer that you setup & registered your iPad to in the first place?

Second, plugging your iPad into another computer will require that you register to that machine also if the two are to be used together.

Third, an iPad connected to an underpowered USB port on a computer will indicate 'not charging' - use the charger that came w/ your iPad - this has been discussed in many previous threads - searching will help.

Please respond to these questions and hopefully your problems can be sorted out - good luck!

iknowyouare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!! I am really getting the hang of this iPad 2 but I have one problem.. It charges fine w/ wall charger and when connected to PC (not Mac) I can connect fine to iTunes. I arranged all my apps easily into folders that way. BUT iPad won't charge thru that connection. I have a few different apple cords so I have tried them and still it says "not charging". I see mentioned here that could mean my USB port is underpowered.. Can someone tell me what that means and if there is a way to fix it? I run win7 on a computer that is approx a year old. Help!!!!
Thanks!! /Nancy

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iknowyouare said:
Hi!! I am really getting the hang of this iPad 2 but I have one problem.. It charges fine w/ wall charger and when connected to PC (not Mac) I can connect fine to iTunes. I arranged all my apps easily into folders that way. BUT iPad won't charge thru that connection. I have a few different apple cords so I have tried them and still it says "not charging". I see mentioned here that could mean my USB port is underpowered.. Can someone tell me what that means and if there is a way to fix it? I run win7 on a computer that is approx a year old. Help!!!!
Thanks!! /Nancy

Even though it says it isn't charging it actually is, albeit very slowly, due to getting less power through a USB port it only trickle charges.

The Archangel

iknowyouare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Even though it says it isn't charging it actually is, albeit very slowly, due to getting less power through a USB port it only trickle charges.

The Archangel

Thanks!! Good to know!! I think it's a shame that I can't multi-task and charge the iPad while playing on iTunes but I can definitely deal w it! Mostly it will be wall charged anyhow. What is the deal with car-charging? Does that go ok? We love to camp in our vintage trailer and being able to connect w the net thru free wifi is always a plus..but sometimes that means having to charge toys in the car.
Ok, back to wurdle..lol
/Nancy

iknowyouare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok still learning .. I realize that the iPad charger is stronger than the iPhone one.. Would it be harmful to charge my iPhone with the iPad charger? I realize my iPad will trickle charge thru my underpowered computer USB port. I am just trying to configure my charging sitch for the most convenient optimum use and still have wall plugs left for my husband and his droid.. LOL
/Nancy

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok still learning .. I realize that the iPad charger is stronger than the iPhone one.. Would it be harmful to charge my iPhone with the iPad charger? I realize my iPad will trickle charge thru my underpowered computer USB port. I am just trying to configure my charging sitch for the most convenient optimum use and still have wall plugs left for my husband and his droid.. LOL
/Nancy

It will not be harmful, just slower... :)

Most reactions