What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 adding apps without wifi connection from iPad!

aztecaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I add apps using the usb cable connected to my PC without wifi connected from the iPad?
My PC has wifi but haven't set the iPad up to connect to my PC using wifi yet!
I am using iTunes and they are sync to one another but not sure how to get new apps and move them to the iPad using the usb cable abd iTunes!
Thanks

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see why not you will have to download and buy from your pc, but if you have wifi at home just go to settings and add your wifi it's so simple. And it makes your iPad sooooo much more useful. I run mine on 3G only at the moment and have never used a pc with my iPad but I'm sure I downloaded some through iTunes on the pc when I had my iPhone, best thing to do is just try it. If you need any help getting it all set up please ask away and I, we will all try to help :)

OP
A

aztecaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I share my wi-fi with my neighbor and I have tried twice to set it up and failed.
I have windows 7 on my PC but don't use the PC's Network Adapter.
I use a external Network Adapter connected to a outside antennae.
Thanks

Last edited:

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to plug that into the pc and bridge that connection to a wifi router and give yourself wifi? Antenna to network card to pc to wifi router to iPad. I've never used an antenna though so can't help much more than that sorry. Other option would be to drill a hole through the wall and thread a network cable through lol

L

Lunar

Can I add apps using the usb cable connected to my PC without wifi connected from the iPad?
My PC has wifi but haven't set the iPad up to connect to my PC using wifi yet!
I am using iTunes and they are sync to one another but not sure how to get new apps and move them to the iPad using the usb cable abd iTunes!
Thanks

I sometimes do exactly that, I often browse the Apple store from iTunes on my PC, any app purchased and downloaded will appear in your iTunes library on your PC, It should just be a simple case of then syncing and the new items will be copied across.

If they show up in your Library but are not being copied across when syncing.. then... with your device still connected via USB go into the iTunes device settings (Halfway down on left side) and makes sure the new items are selected under the appropiate section. IOW if your've downloaded a new app it will obviously be under the section for Apps, same for music, photo's ect. Just make sure they have been selected in the tick box.. though there is also options to sync 'ALL' as well. If you ever have issues where apps ect are not being copied across when syncing, it will likely be because they simply have not been selected in the device section of iTunes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

aztecaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded iCloud to my PC ! Do I install it on my PC and then move it over to the iTunes iPad? Not sure how to install new apps using iTunes while iPad is connected through USB cable.
I was reading to click, iTunes-Devices-iPad-apps-to scrolldown and tick on add app or something of the sort, says "select apps to be installed or drag to your home screen. Drag to rearrange app icons or home screen."Am I missing something in this area, cause there is no way to do this. Do I have to register in order to allow this feature?
Thanks again for all the help, I have been reading so much lately!

Last edited:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
aztecaa said:
I downloaded iCloud to my PC ! Do I install it on my PC and then move it over to the iTunes iPad? Not sure how to install new apps using iTunes while iPad is connected through USB cable.
I was reading to click, iTunes-Devices-iPad-apps-to scrolldown and tick on add app or something of the sort, says "select apps to be installed or drag to your home screen. Drag to rearrange app icons or home screen."Am I missing something in this area, cause there is no way to do this. Do I have to register in order to allow this feature?
Thanks again for all the help, I have been reading so much lately!

Looks like you did not check "sync apps" or something like that.... Possible?
Sorry, I do not remember very well because I do install the Apps from within the iPad's AppStore only. IF I use iTunes it is only to transfer movies or music

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Most reactions

Latest posts