What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panorama shot from ipad camera

nanny47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new nice change with iOS 8. Great for scenery shots. Can only do portrait though . Anyone else able to do landscape? (which would be my preference.)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is little point in doing horizontal panoramic in landscape. You would just be losing heigh of image so that you could take bigger chunks of the horizontal.

But, you can use landscape in another way. To take vertical panoramic of tall buildings, roads, or other vertically aligned subjects. You pan up or down instead of left or right.

Up and down? Left and right? Tap the arrow in the panoramic mode before you start the pan to change the direction.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap the arrow in the panoramic mode before you start the pan to change the direction.

i don't see it. Where is the arrow?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The arrow that moves when you start panning the shot. Tap it before tapping the shutter button (the big white circle) and it will flip sides so that you can pan left to right instead of right to left.

PanArrow.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I should add that Pano mode may not be available on all iPad models. It got added to the iPad Air, but older models may not have received it.

While things like Extensions and iCloud drive are part of the basic iOS 8 upgrade, some other features may not be available on older models; either because the hardware won't support them, or Apple has decided that the experience would be poor on slower hardware.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I should add that Pano mode may not be available on all iPad models. It got added to the iPad Air, but older models may not have received it.

While things like Extensions and iCloud drive are part of the basic iOS 8 upgrade, some other features may not be available on older models; either because the hardware won't support them, or Apple has decided that the experience would be poor on slower hardware.
I believe that only the iPad Air and iPad Mini with retina display got the panoramic option in photos. My iPad 4 certainly didn't.

Most reactions

Latest posts