What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora wanted

Chatsee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Im a new user of the iPad and would like to have access to pandora. However since I am a Canadian apparently I cannot. I tried installing VPN VIP to show a US ip adress but it's not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's this thing called US Copyright Act that assumes foreign countries are out to defraud content. I'm very disappointed to not be able to use Pandora and other applications abroad, Canada and Mexico seem to be in the same predicament.

Please don't respond with rude remarks, I respect copyright law but it's ridiculous.

If anyone can help to bypass this and other blocked content it would be appreciated.

Thank you

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's this thing called US Copyright Act that assumes foreign countries are out to defraud content. I'm very disappointed to not be able to use Pandora and other applications abroad, Canada and Mexico seem to be in the same predicament.

Please don't respond with rude remarks, I respect copyright law but it's ridiculous.

If anyone can help to bypass this and other blocked content it would be appreciated.

Thank you

I don't respect the current copyright system...it only protects corporate greed...not the artist. The artist would LOVE to sell you his/her music abroad but BS corporations and entities like the RIAA and MPAA keep this from happening. Creative Commons is the way! The artist and only the artist makes the decisions on how their work is to be enjoyed!

xochipillitzin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, I couldn't agree more.

As to the OP, Chatsee, you're stuck with regular Internet Radio, which isn't a bad thing.

We're lucky to be able to watch YouTube, which isn't available in Eastern Europe!

I will continue researching IP tricks to circumvent this affront, but i'm not optimistic.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As to the OP, Chatsee, you're stuck with regular Internet Radio, which isn't a bad thing.

We're lucky to be able to watch YouTube, which isn't available in Eastern Europe!

I will continue researching IP tricks to circumvent this affront, but i'm not optimistic.

I'm sure there is a way, I was using Spotify in the US a couple years ago....so it is possible.

fishtoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm sure there is a way, I was using Spotify in the US a couple years ago....so it is possible.
:p:p:p

Chapco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just curious, do you have issues in CA with playing radio stations in iTunes?

OP
C

Chatsee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pandora

I just tried it, I tunes radio works like a charm....I just purchased a BOSe wave radio with a wireless link that lets me channel music from anything that has a USB port into the BOSE....will be trying this as soon as I get it

Most reactions

Latest posts