What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid apps

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is the app store good with refunds on a paid app. if i don't like an app, can i get refunded for it?

thx all.

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to get a refund on an app I bought a few months ago. I had to email Apple and they ignored my request. I was quite annoyed because it cost £2.99.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While Apple does usually give refunds their policy makes it clear they are not obligated too. When requesting a refund I recommend a better excuse than 'I don't like it'. Fails to perform as advertised, crashes all the time, or even purchased by mistake would be better choices. I'm not saying lie, I'm saying don't expect to get a refund for a game because you 'didn't like it'.

Anyway, the better choice is to spend your money wisely, after reading the description and reviews (Google them as well as looking at the ones on the store); and if you are still in doubt try asking (after searching) here to see if anyone else has purchased it and has comments.

OP
A

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While Apple does usually give refunds their policy makes it clear they are not obligated too. When requesting a refund I recommend a better excuse than 'I don't like it'. Fails to perform as advertised, crashes all the time, or even purchased by mistake would be better choices. I'm not saying lie, I'm saying don't expect to get a refund for a game because you 'didn't like it'.

Anyway, the better choice is to spend your money wisely, after reading the description and reviews (Google them as well as looking at the ones on the store); and if you are still in doubt try asking (after searching) here to see if anyone else has purchased it and has comments.

yes..it would only be for a good reason as you stated....thx

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

One of the reasons Apple is 'usually' good about refunds is that they keep their 30% no matter what. The developer bears the full cost of reimbursing you. However, I hear it can take a while for the refund to happen. Probably because it's not policy.

iBryant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure they would disclose whether or not a refund is possible. I highly doubt that with any app a refund is available. That being said, if I purchase anything over 4.99, I make sure I check reviews and that it is something I feel I would use often.

Most reactions

Latest posts