1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Refunds on apps?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Bakes800, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Bakes800

Bakes800 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to try a $10 app on a new iPad. There is no lite, free, or trial version available. What if I it don't like it? Can I delete it, then ask for a refund?
    Sorry if this is an old topic, but I searched first and didn't find an answer.
  2. Lucryster

Lucryster iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a refund for one, but only cause I bought the iPhone version by accident and had purchased the iPad version.

To do it go toyouraccount, purchase history, and click to the right of that particular app and go from there. You have to email them and request a refund. I don't think they give refunds for "I just wanted to try it out".
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
  4. DDustiNN

DDustiNN iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is the worst thing about the App Store. On Android, you have 24 hours to get a refund after you buy an app, FOR ANY REASON. I have no idea why Apple doesn't do this. I'm hesitant to spend money on something that I'm not even sure if I'll like.

And while I'm complaining about the App Store... why are there no sub-categories?!? On Android, I can go to Games, then narrow it down... Puzzle, Arcade, Action, Cards, etc... On Apple's App Store, I can go to Games and sift through every single game ever uploaded. Lame.

On the Android forums, people always complain about how the Android Market isn't as good as the App Store, but I honestly don't see why...
  5. Lucryster

Lucryster iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They changed it to 15 mins on android.
  6. DaveSt

DaveSt iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The really pathetic part of this whole thing is that when browsing the App Store with an iPhone or iPod Touch the apps are organized by categories. If I want to look for a RPG for example I just go to Games then RPG and I see all of them nicely organized for me. It baffles me why with the extra screen room to work with Apple has given us such a half-assed App Store browser. Considering all the apps left out of the iPad version of iOS I guess we are just supposed to be happy Apple bothered to give us one at all. Thanks Steve!
  7. Bakes800

Bakes800 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I might return the ipad too if I can't stand using a spreadsheet like "numbers". So what I would really like to do is have the iPad replace my laptop, I'm really trying to make this iPad work. I would love to use numbers for a few hours, then if I can't use it, get a refund and return the iPad for a good laptop. I guess i just blow the $10 and try it.
  8. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    There are other apps besides numbers to use...try them. they have free versions..
  9. DDustiNN

DDustiNN iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow I didn't know that... thanks for the tip. Now I'll be sure to try out my apps right away after buying them, haha.

Really? I didn't know that... now I'm even more irritated! Can the categories be browsed anywhere else? Like iTunes or the website or something? Or is only on an iPod or iPhone?
  10. peled

peled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We keep saying here all the time that in most cases the iPAD is not a replacement for a Lap-Top.
    The more Pro you are the less replacement it becomes.
    It is mostly a toy to play games serf the internet ( in a limited way), read books and magazines and a few other things.
  11. Terry A

Terry A iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a new IPad user and new to these forums and have to say I'm really surprised at how many people expect the IPad to be a full replacement for a PC or Mac. Maybe I'm just still delighted with it because it's so new, but this is a very cool tool!