What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle iOS App Gets Real Page Number in New Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
kindle_update_2_6.JPG

MacStories reports today that Amazon’s Kindle app has just received an update to version 2.6, which ushers in several significant improvements, including real page numbers, which has also just been added to Kindle readers. Real page numbers mean that users can now make citations in the classroom, or be, literally, on the same page as other members in a book club, for example. Real page numbers are currently available for thousands of Kindle books, with more due to be added in the near future. Another new feature is that you can now see your progress through a book on the Home screen in list view on both iPad and iPhone, and on the iPhone you can view your percentage completed. The third major feature introduced by the update is the ability to look up words on Wikipedia and Google without having to leave the app.

If you don’t already have the Kindle app, click here to download the updated version, which is free: Kindle for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: MacStories Real Page Numbers Come to iOS Kindle App, iTunes

ZombieKitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love having the page numbers! My phone usually shows the percent and the line numbers. I suppose it's almost the same... But not really. I love to read but I also obsessively look at how much I have read and how much is left. Percent is fine because its at least translating the number of pages into how much of the book I have read, but I still like to just see what page I am on and how many the book has. Silly I know, but it is how I grew up with books. Looking for the last page and then holding up where I've read. It works both ways on how much more crap is there (if its awful) as well as how little more time do I have with these awesome characters?!

Most reactions

Latest posts