1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Other 3 g companies to sign up with?

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by Dis2cruise, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Dis2cruise

Dis2cruise iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I bought my iPad at apple they signed me up with AT&T is there cheaper companies out there and how do they stack up to AT&T ?
  2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I Assume You are In The USA?

You have no choice but AT&T for iPad 3G service. There are other threads on tethering your iPad to a smart phone such as an iPhone, or a Droid, etc to get some connectivity to the web. But as is, the iPad 3G service provider in the USA is AT&T.
  3. PhotoJim

PhotoJim iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In Canada we have lots of choices (Bell, Rogers, Telus, SaskTel), but alas, only AT&T in the US.

T-Mobile will work on the iPad but there are no iPad plans; you'd need to buy a standard data plan. Also, the iPad doesn't support T-Mobile USA's 3G frequency (1700 MHz) so you'd be using 2.5G EDGE.
  4. Dis2cruise

Dis2cruise iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guess it's only AT&T for me then thanks:)