What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organizing lots of apps on desktop!

Yamatai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have way too many apps covering 9 screens. Are there any apps that will help you put apps into folders categorized by your custom group names? Or put them on labeled shelves? Surely someone must have created a neat utility for this?

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can easily put your apps into folders and name the folder whatever you wish. I have about eight or nine folders which are broken down into photography, music, games, etc....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To organise your apps into folders, hold on any app icon until they all start to "wiggle". Then drag one icon on top of another and hold it there. That will create a folder with both icons in it. You can then give it a name and drop more icons in there (or drag them out) as necessary. You can then drag these folders around to organise your springboard fully (including putting folders on the dock).
Move icons from page to page by dragging the icon / folder to the edge of the screen and waiting for it to switch pages.

Hope that helps.

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still new with my iPad and don't have that many apps yet, but I do have two folders of photo apps (a folder is limited to 20 apps I think), and I alphabetize them within a folder. Still on one screen so far. I also have lots of apps that are not synced, as I try one and it turns out to not be what I thought or want, so I uncheck it in my list of apps. I also try to conserve space (I have a 32GB) on the iPad. I review my list of apps one a week or so.

Most reactions

Latest posts