What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Optimizing a PDF for viewing on an iPad?

dorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oydesign.com
Are there any tips on Optimizing a PDF for viewing on an iPad?

I do a lot of technical documentation, and was wondering if there are any tips for designing documentation that is meant to be viewed on an iPad...?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

ipad 7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDFs

I'm not sure about optimizing the original PDF file, but possibly the best viewer and all round utility for PDFs and many other file reader/management is the "GOODREADER" app.
It was called "possibly the best app for Ipad". It is superb for reading and file transfer from any device. For $4.99 at tte App Store, I think it is a must have.

Cheers

OP
D

dorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oydesign.com
I'm not sure about optimizing the original PDF file, but possibly the best viewer and all round utility for PDFs and many other file reader/management is the "GOODREADER" app.
It was called "possibly the best app for Ipad". It is superb for reading and file transfer from any device. For $4.99 at tte App Store, I think it is a must have.

Cheers
Thanks, I will most certainly check it out!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd say it as simple as testing the document out on the iPad and make sure it is readable in portrait mode. Sure the reader can zoom, or go to landscape, but if you are designing specifically for the iPad, it shouldn't be necessary.

No super tiny fonts.

Most reactions

Latest posts