1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

<< open with? >>

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Hatuey, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hatuey

Hatuey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello iUsers,

I would like to know if it is possible to use or setup the "open with" option when viewing email attachments. I used three email clients: from Apple, GMail app and iMailG app. The three use, always, they build-in viewer, that in many times isn't as good as an specific app.

Regards,

Hatuey
    IPad2 happy user :)
  2. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    some apps have a built in compatibility mode for "open with" option on your email .. depending on the type of file you like to view, just choose / install the app that has such compatibilty mode ... the app will show when you flick "open with" on your email ... i hope this is what you're looking for ...
  3. Hatuey

Hatuey iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you!

It is working for the Apple email App :), but not for the Google App neither for the iMailG :(

Hatuey
  4. nammi

nammi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    i do not use google app nor imailG .. so i do not know whether "open with" feature works in them or not ..... but it might be that "open-with" is a specific feature only available on apple stock email app ..
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012