What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On 4th iPad and still not satisfied

Kelly629

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a lot of trouble to go through and a lot of money to spend for someone who is satisfied with their ipad2 .. why change if you're happy with? Seems to me like I'd put that $ towards something else. IMO.

L

Lunar

I notice that when I put my figure on the home buttom of my iPhone 4S it is very flush..you can not really feel the boundary between the button and the surronding glass...but on my iPad 3, I definitely feel a lip around the button. There is an edge, though small. Do others feel this?

My home button is not smack on flush with glass either, it feels just a fraction high, and I can feel it with my finger nail, though the appearance looks ok. I suppose there will be a tiny tolerance between them, my ipad 1's home button is a touch low, which IMO is probably preferable than being too high.:eek:

I've just swapped mine today, as on second day I started to notice a small 1mm partical of dust under the glass 2" in from the side (like a tiny hair), TBH it only really showed up on white, and light grey screens, but figured as I was up near the Apple store today, I may as well change it. thankfully I cannot see any issues with the screen on this one, though it does have a small amount of backlight bleed in couple of places, where ironically the one I took back had none.

TBH I'm not too concerned as I'm sure it won't cause any problems, it's only very slight and only visible if brightness is fair way up and in a darkened room, for normal viewing it's not visible at all. So I think I'd rather have that, than be looking at a dust partical all day...lol

The fact is, some people are simply more critical than others, and I'm likely in the latter catagory, I certainly can't tolerate bad pixels, thats a big no,no for me, but will tolerate some minor imperfections, infact I'm sure some people would'nt even call them that...lol. These things are mostly assembled by humans, and when I think how difficult it is to keep the odd partical of dust out of my DSLR, it must be a challenge indeed to achieve a 100% dust free environment when assembling these things, even with modern so called dust-free environment.

I'm working my way through this 2nd one at the moment making sure it has no issues/surprises which would warrant it's return again, though I have already decided that if that were the case (sincerely hope not) I would get a refund this time and stick with my iPad1 for the time being, but so far this one seems reasonably ok. Funny enough I just checked my iPad one for any backlight bleeding and it seems to have more of an issue with light bleeding than this ipad3, and I've been using my iPad1 for over 1yr and to me it was fine, and will continue to be so, infact I feel less concerned about the slight light bleed on my iPad3 now...lol

IOW the moral of the story is, don't go looking for faults where there is none, or at least had never concerned you before reading about them on here and other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts