What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old lady, new member

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I retired at 72 (librarian) and gave myself an iPad as a present. It's great fun. Have been using it for 6 mo. And love it. Need to find a good ap to organize notes,etc. ( just became pres. of quilt group). Thought I would look here.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

My wife is an assistant manager of a library branch and is threatening to retire. She could have been a manager, but the grief to pay ratio was not sufficient to make the move!

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome!

I'm 70 and I've had my iPad since September and I LOVE IT! I am having some sort of fun with it at least 6 hours a day. My favorites are: Art Puzzles, a fantastic jigsaw program, Logic puzzles (I love those as well) and, of course, the Kindle reader.

My mother, who's 89, wanted an iPad, but she has macular degeneration (as has her 98-year-old sister). Just in case I live that long and have the same condition, I'm
determined to get all the good out of it I can while the going is good.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what you need the organizing app to do so it's hard to say if you need an app to track meeting dates, dues or meeting notes. I'm curious if you've found any good quilt apps. My wife quilts and the iPad lend itself to a great app.

Wanda K.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mossi.. I just got my ipad yesterday.. so awesome.. I am 62, female , retired, and not very computer savy.. can i impose on you for some info.. i sure need some help and i am sure this is probably alot easier then i think, but some one sent me pictures via email.. how do i load them into the ipad, is there an easy way to do this, i have like 6 pictures in there and they appeared when i sync with itunes from existing computer.. would appreciate all the help i can get.. i will check back here occasionally for an answer . thanks and have a great day.

OP
Bennettb

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Reply to all

Hi,
Mossi, don't know how bad your mom's eyes are but you can make the font size on the iPad quite large by putting your fingers on the screen and spreading them. If the lighting on the iPad is ok that might help her read.

Flinthills, I have basic notes, yellow pad, but I can't seem to organize things into files or folders. I need to take notes at board meetings (handwritten?), file ideas for and write newsletter column (typed) and keep some contact info. I use a calendar but I would like to organize everything else for easy accessibility. I have two quilt apps that estimate yardage but I have not found them to be very useful. Wanted to get a quilt pattern book on the iPad but they didn't have it. I find that books with lots of color illustrations (I garden and quilt) are not available in ebooks.

Thanks, Danny.

Wanda, just open pictures in email, put your finger on the picture and hit save image. It saves it to photos. I haven't figured out how to separate pictures into folders yet.

Thanks all, good to be here. Bobbi Bennett

Most reactions

Latest posts