What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obtaining an iPad

higgsmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, excited to be in the forum!

I'm currently a undergraduate student studying Geology with an emphasis in Geographic Information Systems. I'm very interested in the iPad and it's application in my school and future work. I also work for a small company that deals with water resources. There are various possible applications I can see for the iPad and my school and work.

The bottom line is as a college student I don't feel I can justify such a purchase for "experimenting" if you will. I'm wondering if there is a way anyone knows of that I could obtain an iPad honestly at a highly reduced price or for free. I would be more than willing to report on my successes and failures with the iPad.

Thanks for the help!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine there is anyone willing to give you one of free...and it is too new and hot to get it for less than retail....so no. You could try sending a letter to the north pole? Or tell the Make a Wish foundation you have cancer.

I guarantee you tho, it is well worth the price. I use mine more than any laptop I've ever owned...and I don't need to set it up..I can just pull it out any time and its ready to go immediately....best device I've owned in quite some time!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine there is anyone willing to give you one of free...and it is too new and hot to get it for less than retail....so no. You could try sending a letter to the north pole? Or tell the Make a Wish foundation you have cancer.

I guarantee you tho, it is well worth the price. I use mine more than any laptop I've ever owned...and I don't need to set it up..I can just pull it out any time and its ready to go immediately....best device I've owned in quite some time!

LoL i have also hesitate to reply …. i really can’t understand how have people can think someone they will give them a 600> 900$ device for free or cheaper than the retails price LoL

Only Apple have small discount for student …

As my mom’s say: is not prohibited to have big dream … but if you don’t want to look stupid don’t express some of your dream

hahahaha:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The current generation of iPads came out in March of this year and if Apple is true to form, there will probably be a 2nd generation iPad next Spring... maybe! Only one person knows the timing of the release of the next generation, an he's not talking!

steve-jobs-health.jpg

When then next generation is released, you will most likely see a lot of 1st generation iPads on CraigsList and places like that for somewhat less than a brand new one.

Most reactions

Latest posts