What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Techy-Girl

bk1227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to think I was fairly technical, having been in the business for over 30 years now. I won the iPad II in a drawing at a school and want to use it for my on-line class work. I love a new gadget, I'm a BlackBerry user and have MAC and PC wireless for our home. I love to cook, and have even designed mobile software interface for foodie apps. I also read like a crazy person, and I am back in school for Diagnostic Ultrasound. I want to explore applications for the iPad in my field of study and also for school.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello bk1227 - I'm a just retired abdominal radiologist who did abdominal ultrasound - I've not really checked what is available for those purposes on the iPad2 but would be curious.

Check the Apple App store in the categories section to see what may be of interest to you; plus, others will likely 'chime in' as to some suggestions.

Good luck in your searching & in your new interest - :)

OP
bk1227

bk1227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad ads make you think it can do it now

I won this iPad, and had a great time in Alaska and on a cruise with it. I returned to technical school in healthcare/medical technology and found that most of the educational software we have to use for school is Adobe and Flash centric. So, while I am VERY happy to have it, and I'm enjoying it, I find it to be more of a fun toy rather than a useful tool for practical use. One of two things needs to happen (I feel certain that Apple will never adopt a relationship with Adobe): Applications need to be written to support this partucular O/S. I can use a MAC and get to all of the applications I need for school with out a single glitch. Apple knows how to do this. I want to be the first one to test it! The other option is that someone needs to author an app that works around the issue. I downloaded the latest version of Safari for IPad II and it seems to be two steps away from working. And the software vendors need to test that their applications are accessable via the iPad II. I just hope they are listening. Being able to use this tool in education and in technical fields like radiology and sonography (imaging industries) will make it more successful. Advertisements on the Apple web site already imply that it works and this is misleading. It needs to happen, and I hope it is soon. I say this lovingly and with great hope that Apple is listening.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions