What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Object driven doc creation in iOS

SimesH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this possible? Before learning to dev iOS I want to be sure the product I am looking for is possible.

The project is to build an object driven document creation tool which would go something like this;

The user selects an object from a pallet which is added to a templated word/pages type document. The user can then add additional information to the section he has started. With the appropriate tools/interface I would need the user to be able to take photographs and add these to the document like you can with an iPhone.

Ultimately the completed document would need to be electronically signed, made write only and be exportable and preferably email-able from a 3G enabled iPad.

I can't currently reveal the exact project but I can give an example of a similar project;

Imagine a car rental firm want to inventory a vehicle and its condition. They would begin by choosing the type/class of vehicle from the template, how many doors, type of transmission, fuel type, colour, etc. to create the basis of the document. They would then be able to detail any damage for instance by choosing: Front Door, Scratch and then a free form type box to detail the damage.

I hope that makes sense. I am looking for a little advice on the complexity of such an app, and in fact if it would be possible before investing time in learning Objective-C.

Thanks in advance

Simon

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yeah you can make something like that, however if you dont know how to program in C already it may take you a while just to learn C

With no programming knowledge I would estimate it could take you a good 6 months to a year.

Most reactions

Latest posts