Notification from Orange

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Fkheng, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Fkheng

Fkheng
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Earlier this week when I bought my iPad2, I received a notification or what must hav been a SMS from my network provider Orange. My iPad 2 has 3G. However I can't seem to retrieve it.the message contained some security passwZord which is important to me. Any suggestions on hqow I can retrieve it?

2. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    That seems to be a dumb move from Orange to send you a message via SMS to an iPad SIM card, as the iPad is not capable of accessing text messages.

It might be possible to insert the SIM into a phone via an adapter, but this is just a guess. If the password is important, I would suggest you to visit a local Orange store and ask them for help.

3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I have had exactly the same problem. They give you a microSIM for your iPad and then text you some security codes (in my case, the one that enables you to use WiFi networks) - but they stupidly text it to your iPad. I've been into this - there's no way to retrieve it.

Bottom line - you have to telephone Orange....

Tim
    Scotland

4. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Classic.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of large organisations......especially governments.

5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    You got it in one....there's more fun in store when you telephone the Orange call centre; they find it difficult to believe an iPad can't receive text messages! "But it's a 'phone" was the comment I had from their 'technical desk'! On another occasion I was asked to telephone Orange using the 'phone the SIM card was in. I explained it was in an iPad - not a phone. "What's an iPad?"

You have to keep a sense of humour....

Tim
    Scotland

6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    lol, the stupidity of some people is just awesome :)

7. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    UK the Land that Time Forgot!
    Coming to your screens shortly, or as soon as we can fix it.....

8. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    You can't fix the UK. We could, of course, become the 51st state of the USA - we're closer to Washington than Hawaii.....

Tim
    Scotland

9. Fkheng

Fkheng
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys for your replies. It has been a nightmare in terms of dealing with Orange over the phone. Nearly 1 week and still no solution. I am getting quite mad. I still can't use my bt open zone wifi unless I get my Orange account setup. But this whole security code episode is frustrating me.

Regarding the microsim, I don't have an orange phone so my mobile phone rejects the microsim bcoz I have a three network phone. The orange customer reps are baffled by this. Yesterday they directed me to buy an app from AppStore which will help me receive txt messages. I asked if I will be reimbursed for the cost. They then backtracked on the idea and I have not heard from them since.

I wonder if other networks are as dumb.

10. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I managed to get them to give me the OpenZone password over the phone in the end - after I had given them some information - i.e. account number, address, telephone number, date of birth, what I'd had for breakfast.....:D

Tim
    Scotland