What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notification from Orange

Fkheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earlier this week when I bought my iPad2, I received a notification or what must hav been a SMS from my network provider Orange. My iPad 2 has 3G. However I can't seem to retrieve it.the message contained some security passwZord which is important to me. Any suggestions on hqow I can retrieve it?

Reaction score
That seems to be a dumb move from Orange to send you a message via SMS to an iPad SIM card, as the iPad is not capable of accessing text messages.

It might be possible to insert the SIM into a phone via an adapter, but this is just a guess. If the password is important, I would suggest you to visit a local Orange store and ask them for help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earlier this week when I bought my iPad2, I received a notification or what must hav been a SMS from my network provider Orange. My iPad 2 has 3G. However I can't seem to retrieve it.the message contained some security passwZord which is important to me. Any suggestions on hqow I can retrieve it?

I have had exactly the same problem. They give you a microSIM for your iPad and then text you some security codes (in my case, the one that enables you to use WiFi networks) - but they stupidly text it to your iPad. I've been into this - there's no way to retrieve it.

Bottom line - you have to telephone Orange....

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Classic.
Never underestimate the stupidity of large organisations......especially governments.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You got it in one....there's more fun in store when you telephone the Orange call centre; they find it difficult to believe an iPad can't receive text messages! "But it's a 'phone" was the comment I had from their 'technical desk'! On another occasion I was asked to telephone Orange using the 'phone the SIM card was in. I explained it was in an iPad - not a phone. "What's an iPad?"

You have to keep a sense of humour....

Tim
Scotland

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
UK the Land that Time Forgot!
Coming to your screens shortly, or as soon as we can fix it.....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't fix the UK. We could, of course, become the 51st state of the USA - we're closer to Washington than Hawaii.....

Tim
Scotland

OP
F

Fkheng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies. It has been a nightmare in terms of dealing with Orange over the phone. Nearly 1 week and still no solution. I am getting quite mad. I still can't use my bt open zone wifi unless I get my Orange account setup. But this whole security code episode is frustrating me.

Regarding the microsim, I don't have an orange phone so my mobile phone rejects the microsim bcoz I have a three network phone. The orange customer reps are baffled by this. Yesterday they directed me to buy an app from AppStore which will help me receive txt messages. I asked if I will be reimbursed for the cost. They then backtracked on the idea and I have not heard from them since.

I wonder if other networks are as dumb.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed to get them to give me the OpenZone password over the phone in the end - after I had given them some information - i.e. account number, address, telephone number, date of birth, what I'd had for breakfast.....:D

Tim
Scotland

Uggi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orange ipad 2 and in the dark

Hi on the 25th at 5.00pm I became the proud owner of an (Orange) ipad 2.

Since then Orange have tried several times to enable me to create and use a "password".

I have been into the shop twice, "our computers are down and that's why we can't sort this out".

I have spent over a hour at a time with their Support Team, who haven't a clue what they are doing.

So, any advice on WHO, within Orange, I can turn to with any brains, will be gratefully appreciated...:mad:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an account with them yet - i.e. an account number? Eventually I got my problem sorted out by telephoning their Help Line with my account details and it was - eventually - sorted. You need to be persistent on the phone...and remember you're dealing with people who don't know the difference between an iPhone and an iPad..

Tim
Scotland

Uggi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Dark

HI Tim,

I do have an account number and I have tried their phone support several times and been shunted from one depot to another. I have been told that they will send my 8 digit code as a pop-up, and a host of other promises, which have not happened.

Upon your suggestion, I will try them once more and see how far i get.

Thanks.
Uggi.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe mention you're posting your experiences on iPad Forum - the world's largest iPad site.......ask for the person's name who you're speaking to and say you'll be happy to send them a URL so they can read all about iPad Forum members' experiences with Orange.

Tim
Scotland

Uggi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Dark

Hi Tim,

I do like that idea and I will certainly give it a go.

Look out Orange, here it comes...

Many thanks,

uggi

Most reactions

Latest posts