What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes app malfunction after op sys upgrade

Dndii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My notes application will not stay open since I upgraded the operating system. It shuts down after 5 seconds or so. Anyone come across this problem?

Antjen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Currently searching for answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you reset the device since the update (hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple Logo appears). This often fixes some post-update issues.

When you first opened the Notes app it should have asked you if you wanted to update to the new notes format, and warned you that the Notes would be incompatible with other devices and Macs until they too upgraded. Is it possible you upgraded on another device first, but are trying to access it on the iPad without doing the upgrade?

Since I've updated both my iOS devices, I'm not sure how to check this. Perhaps in Settings > Notes?

Other than that, I have no good guesses.

If you updated using the OTA (Over the Air) method, you can try upgrading again using a computer and iTunes. This is the preferred, more reliable method, and we usually recommend it for major iOS revision updates. Especially for older devices.

Antjen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the answer to my problem with notes. I posted a new note. After posting the new note everything seems to be working alright now. Problem solved. (I hope)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts