What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes App deletes notes

JeepFreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I frequently use the built-in Notes app on my iPad (1st Generation); however, the notes I create randomly delete themselves. For example, I took notes during a meeting last night and when I opened the app this morning to review my notes they were gone. Other times, I have opened the App and watched them delete one by one. No other apps are running at the time so I have been very confused why this happens. Has anyone else experienced this or know what I can do about it?

Reaction score
JeepFreak said:
Other times, I have opened the App and watched them delete one by one.

If this is the case, then the iPad may be defective. The iPad should not do any action by itself, especially not, if you aren't touching the screen. So if you where watching how note after note got deleted automatically, it would probably be best to get a replacement from Apple.

OP
J

JeepFreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, my Notes app is set up with my email. I don't recall how I set up the email sync because I can't seem to find the option. Every time I leave the Notes app, the app automatically emails the note to me. Fortunately, I have 35 copies of the deleted note in my email since I opened/closed the Notes app several times to review the meeting materials in my iAnnotate app.

Most reactions

Latest posts