What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note-taking app for college

gthomps1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only used my iPad for one summer class thus far, and I've been using the free version of PaperDesk. It's halfway decent, but I feel that there are many better options out there.

I think notability looks like a great app for all-around note taking. However, as a Spanish minor, I'm also looking for an app that I can handwrite notes on, and is also very organization-oriented. Two of the apps I'm looking at are notes plus and note taker hd. What sort of organizing do these two apps allow you to do? Which one will better allow me to sort notes into different folders for each class? Also, is there a note-taking app that makes taking notes in Spanish very simple and easy?

I will probably go with notability and one of the other two mentioned apps, but I am very open to other suggestions as well :)

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uPad is by far the BEST! Many features and the ability to create folders keep classes and notes well maintained and organized.

OP
G

gthomps1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not crazy at all about evernote. I'll check out eNote Taker and uPad

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check Notability, I like it a lot and you can record as well.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
G

gthomps1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Downloaded it yesterday, so far I like its organizing system fairly well, and think that I'll get a ton of use out of it next semester.

Now I'm just looking for something that I can handwrite notes on if I ever need to for my Spanish classes

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Downloaded it yesterday, so far I like its organizing system fairly well, and think that I'll get a ton of use out of it next semester.

Now I'm just looking for something that I can handwrite notes on if I ever need to for my Spanish classes

Notability supports handwritten notes though that is not its primary focus as it is for Notes Plus.

OP
G

gthomps1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Notability supports handwritten notes though that is not its primary focus as it is for Notes Plus.

Really?? I haven't figured it out, but how do you hand write notes on Notability??

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the bottom right corner (top of the keyboard) as you are typing, you can add pictures with the + but instead of insert picture use insert figure and you can handwrite in there.

OP
G

gthomps1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, had not seen that before. To be honest, it isn't that great for hand-writing, and isn't very user friendly.

Still in search of a good hand-writing app

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
gthomps1 said:
Cool, had not seen that before. To be honest, it isn't that great for hand-writing, and isn't very user friendly.

Still in search of a good hand-writing app

Oh i agree with you, No is not but is the fact that the option is there. Personally I don't need it as much but if I do is cool.

Most reactions

Latest posts