What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes and Apps?

Hertzman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After syncing between my iPad 3 and iPad 1 some of my notes and apps didn't switch. How do I move all my notes to the new device? I can move the apps but want know why these things didn't move.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have an Accounts button at the top left of the notes app when in landscape view? If so, tap it and see if all your notes are in iCloud (or other synced account), or local. If the notes that did not sync are in a different area/account, that's probably the reason. I'd need to know more to make a more accurate guess, or suggest an optimum solution.

I don't know about the apps, but if they are compatible with iOS6 (and still available on the App Store) you should be able to go to the Purchased tab in the App Store and download them again.

OP
H

Hertzman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have an Accounts button at the top left of the notes app when in landscape view? If so, tap it and see if all your notes are in iCloud (or other synced account), or local. If the notes that did not sync are in a different area/account, that's probably the reason. I'd need to know more to make a more accurate guess, or suggest an optimum solution.

I don't know about the apps, but if they are compatible with iOS6 (and still available on the App Store) you should be able to go to the Purchased tab in the App Store and download them again.

I do have a Accounts button and under it I have three selections, All Notes, Yahoo Mail, and GMail. When I look at all of those the number of total notes don't add up to what I had on my iPad 1. I am still missing some notes. I have set up an appointment with the Apple Genius's next week and hope to fix this problem.
Thanks for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. No idea what might have happened to your other notes.

Though if you ever edited and/or deleted anything form the Notes folders in GMail or Yahoo, that's where they are stored for those accounts. While you can open them and copy information out of them, editing will break then. On the other hand if they are still in a trash folder you can probably put them back.

Otherwise, your notes are almost certainly gone.

I tend to harp on this, but I heavily recommend Evernote as an alternative to the native Notes app. It is more capable, notes are available almost anywhere, and if you get the paid account you can recover from a complete history off all you notes. That history is kept even if you don't have a paid account, so if it is important enough you can always pay after the fact.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. Evernote is much easier to work with and offers lots of significant advantages, especially if you work across platforms.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
H

Hertzman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help twerppoet. I did check out the evernote app and will get it. Happy New Year to you.

Most reactions

Latest posts