What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOTEBOOKS and SYNCHDOC

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I bought and dl'd NOTEBOOKS. (Looks like a great app.) This morning I wanted to try the iPad-to-MacBook transfer using SYNCHDOCS which I installed on my laptop. Using the instructions I set it up. Brilliant! Right away it transfered one "book" from NOTEBOOKS to the laptop.

But then it began to synch the entire NOTEBOOKS contents and would not let me stop the transfer. The SYNCHDOCS message bloc appears in the center of the screen, saying "SynchDocs export" and then the current transfer. The blue progress bar is moving very slowly (ten minutes later still at the midpoint!) and there is still no way to cancel the operation, even after closing SYNCHDOCS on the laptop. At this rate the "export" won't be finished for a long, long time.

So I guess what I am asking is "What the heck did I do wrong?" And, is SYNCHDOCS really that slow? Is there any way to cancel the operation once it starts?

OP
Plainsman

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE... The transfer finished, after about 25 minutes. It dumped everything from NOTEBOOKS into a folder on my MacBook. I then went into NOTEBOOKS and transferred the contents of a single "book." This transfer was almost instantaneous. BUt I cannot seem to send anything from the MacBook to NOTEBOOKS. IT keeps telling to start the app, which of course is already running.

OP
Plainsman

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YET ANOTHER UPDATE... (Since nobody responded.) I think I have this figured out, at least the app is now working well in both directions.

I had been trying to synch from the laptop to the iPad. No go. Put the file you want to transfer in the pane on the laptop, picture, text, whatever. Go to the iPad and in the book you wish to put the laptop file into, tap the + icon to get a new file. You'll get a menu for new notes, new sketch, etc. Toward the bottom will be "Import (SynchDocs)". Select it. Then select the "service." (I've only got one now. It's "SynchDocs_http_tcp.local." Select it and the transfer will be made lickety-split. Working a treat so far.

All this depends of getting it set-up properly, which the instructions are a great help for.

OP
Plainsman

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I mentioned, I think I have solved the problem. But, thanks.

(When I saw your handle I thought you must be a Jewish military chaplain. And perhaps you are!) ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts