What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noob.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm Lindsey, I'm 26 years old, and I am an Apple fangirl who can not properly feed her addiction. I DO have an iPod classic but I've never had an iPhone (contract isn't up until APRIL; thanks Verizon) and definitely didn't get an iPad. This is due to finances - I'm a full time student (again) getting my teaching certificate without a paying job (student teachers don't make money, of course, but have to pay tuition). But I scraped enough money together to (barely) afford an iPad 2 and I am excited!! I plan on getting it next weekend, so I thought I'd get a username on here, look around for app and case suggestions and whatnot.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good for you, Lindsey!

f99f7685.png

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Lindsey and welcome.

We can probably help you with apps and cases but we're not much good at whatnot........

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Hope you have fun with your "new 2" when you get it!

OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good for you, Lindsey!
Thanks! It's my reward to myself for losing a bunch of weight - 23 pounds as of today - since March. I haven't reached my goal yet but I'm one pants size away from doing it, and this is just to reward myself for my hard work. Plus, I sold my netbook and needed a replacement for school. And heck. I want one because they rule.

Hi there Lindsey and welcome.

We can probably help you with apps and cases but we're not much good at whatnot........

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

The Archangel
Thank you. My main issue right now is which case to buy. I think I've decided on the SmartCover only because I do have a netbook case that WILL work (albeit, it's a little too big) for carrying it around in, and I wanted a microfiber protection for the cover when it's just sitting on my desk, table, etc. I also love the way it folds into a stand two ways (I know lots of other cases do this too, though). I wonder if at the Apple store they'll have Smart Covers you can test out before you buy?

Welcome to the forums. Hope you have fun with your "new 2" when you get it!
I CERTAINLY will! I'll be a posting maniac once I get it. I am so excited. I plan on getting it in 6 days... we'll see if I can wait that long!

OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
look around for app and case suggestions and whatnot.

Hi Lindsay, I'm new too. I've been flicking through the forums here over the past day and there are so many good reviews of apps!
Hi there! I'll definitely look around, but I think I'm going to get the smart cover and just stick with my former netbook sleeve for now. Might ask for a better case for Christmas though.

I look forward to reading all of the app reviews so I'm prepared come Friday when I pick up my new toy.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland
Hi Tim, and thanks! I am definitely going to poke around this forum to gather all the info I can before buying mine next week, and I'll be a regular on here after that!

Most reactions

Latest posts