What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nOOb question

AndrewV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad (32g 4g LTE) and have downloaded several apps. Loving it, but am wondering if it is possible to sort the apps onto different pages? I'd like to sort them by type (games, education, etc) and have all similar apps on the same page as opposed to scattered all around.
Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?

TIA

Andrew

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem just press and hold an app till they start jiggling and drag it to the edge of the screen and it will go to another page.

Open Safari and go to bookmarks and the bottom one is the iPad user manual and it describes this feature and so much more. Here is a link...

http://help.apple.com/ipad/5/interface/

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AndrewV said:
Just got my iPad (32g 4g LTE) and have downloaded several apps. Loving it, but am wondering if it is possible to sort the apps onto different pages? I'd like to sort them by type (games, education, etc) and have all similar apps on the same page as opposed to scattered all around.
Is this possible and if so, how do I do it?

TIA

Andrew

Hi there and welcome to the Forum!

For the most part you can arrange your apps with specified pages. To do this, just long press the app icon and drag to the page you wish. Remember that you only have a certain amount of pages, so you may have to create folders to save space.

Hope that helps!

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap and hold on an app until they all start to wiggle with a black X in the upper right corner. Release and then touch the app you want to move and then drag it to the edge of the screen. The screen will slide to the side where you dragged the app and get to a new page. Release the app when it is on the page you want and your done! You can make folders by doing the above and dragging one app on top of another and then releasing. You can download the user guide to iBooks and get more details if you need them. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

AndrewV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the Forum!

For the most part you can arrange your apps with specified pages. To do this, just long press the app icon and drag to the page you wish. Remember that you only have a certain amount of pages, so you may have to create folders to save space.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help. Next question, how do I make a folder?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just drag one icon and drop it on another. Tap on the link I listed above and then tap on basics and it tells you all about creating folders and moving to new pages etc...

At this point, the key for you is to get into the user manual as it is right there in Safari or can be downloaded into iBooks as was mentioned as well. It is a great resource.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts